New York, NY
They say it takes 10,000 hours to master a field, but Kelsey Nason may be the exception.
Within just a few years of her graduation from Boston University (magna cum laude), Kelsey had already become a trusted communications strategist to professional services firms, excelling in the execution of large-scale campaigns for clients ranging from AmLaw 50 firms to boutique investment banks. Her strategic instincts, attention to detail, writing skills, and easy rapport with journalists have combined to great effect on client projects of the greatest significance. Her successes include:
- Primary responsibility for an award-winning communications campaign to launch a New York-based litigation boutique, resulting in multiple placements in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and CNBC;
- Conceiving and executing media relations campaigns for the bankruptcy, white collar, and securities practice groups of a large national law firm;
- Publicizing a large law firm client’s victory in a successful habeas case that led to changes within a municipal government, and with Kelsey’s assistance gained national attention and earned the firm a place on the National Law Journal’s Pro Bono Hot List;
- Consulting on strategy and overseeing the entire nomination process for an American Lawyer Litigation Department of the Year finalist; and
- Executing communications campaigns for an AmLaw 50 firm’s international office openings in London and Hong Kong.
Kelsey also regularly advises on crisis communications challenges for her clients. She has secured placements in top-tier business and legal publications including The New York Times, Bloomberg News, The Washington Post, Forbes, The American Lawyer, and The National Law Journal, among many others.
Prior to joining the HBC team in New York, Kelsey worked in the marketing department at Goodwin Procter LLP, an AmLaw 50 firm based in Boston. During her tenure at Goodwin, Kelsey served as a member of the firm’s editorial team; facilitated the implementation of firm-wide, global internal communications strategies; and drafted internal news stories, Q&As, press releases, and web content.
Kelsey graduated a semester early from Boston University’s College of Communication, with degrees in communications and international relations. She is a member of the Legal Marketing Association and the Law Firm Media Professionals.